Re: Winword keeps on running Configuration Setup

Alfredo P. Ricafort wrote:
On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 02:25, Duane Clark wrote:

I can't be sure it will fix it. But try executing "wineboot" once. This in theory handles the cleanup tasks that under Windows will occur when you are required to reboot after a program installation.

I've done that many times but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Is there something that I can do with the the registry to fix the problem?

Thanks.

I really don't know. I have a fresh RH9 system (2.4.20-6), a fresh Wine installation (from CVS), and a Word2K installation CD. So I installed it, and was rather surprised that the installation actually worked under Wine. Yes I had to click through some error boxes, but it completed and Word works for me just fine, and I have never seen the "Configuration Setup" dialog.

About the only things I do non-standard, is I configure Wine as:

[Version]
"Windows" = "win2k"

And when installing Word2K, I make sure to deselect the installation of "Office Assistant".