Re: Winword keeps on running Configuration Setup

Alfredo P. Ricafort wrote:
Hi,

I am currently running this version of wine
(wine-20031118-1rh9winehq.i386.rpm) on a RH9 OS.

I installed MS Word 2000 and everything went well.  However, every time
I run MS Word, the configuration setup screen would appear.  But after
that, it seems that MS Word runs OK.

I can't be sure it will fix it. But try executing "wineboot" once. This in theory handles the cleanup tasks that under Windows will occur when you are required to reboot after a program installation.

There are also a number of messages coming out (see below).

Well, the easiest way to "fix" those messages is to run word as something like:
wine --debugmsg fixme-all -- c:/Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Office/Office/winword.exe

That is of course made a lot easier butu creating an alias so that you only have to type something like "word".