Re: Audio CD problem

You should not need to mount an Audio CD. You do however need to allow wine access to the CD rom drive. This should be set in your wine config file (that you placed in ~/.wine). You can also run winecheck which would show you what problems you might have with access issues to different devices.

-Dan-

Olafur Haukur Arnason wrote:

Hello

I just downloaded a great program called Transcribe (to slow down music
so you can learn it) available at http://www.seventhstring.demon.co.uk/
and it worked smoothly and without problem through Wine on my Gentoo 1.4
laptop. The problem is that the program wants to open .cda files to
access the CD tracks and I don't know about a way to mount audio CDs in
Linux. I could of course rip the tracks but it would be much better to
access them straight from the CD-ROM.

Thanks,
Olafur Haukur Arnason