Re: wineps, wine, and network

James Bear wrote:
I am new to this list and should have watched a while to learn the basics of this list, but am too impatient.

I use Linux almost exclusively. Almost exclusively, I use Linuxable programs. I teach at a public school, though, and we use a grading program that is designed for Windows. It works with wine. It installs. When it starts up, though, it needs an ip address for the server run by the state. I give it to it. It rejects it no matter what I put in. My assumption is that network is not working through wine.

Networking is still somewhat hit and miss. Quite a few fixes have been added in just the last couple of days. So if you are up to using CVS, you might want to give that a try.

I run it from the command line, and the errors I get are:

err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll wineps.dll still not found - 16-bit dll or version conflict.
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for WINEPS
err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll wineps16.drv still not found - 16-bit dll or version conflict.
err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll wineps.dll still not found - 16-bit dll or version conflict.
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for WINEPS

This sounds like you are missing the Wine printing library. You did not mention what version of Linux you are using, but you are probably looking for a package named something like wine-print...