wineps, wine, and network

I am new to this list and should have watched a while to learn the basics of this list, but am too impatient.

I use Linux almost exclusively. Almost exclusively, I use Linuxable programs. I teach at a public school, though, and we use a grading program that is designed for Windows. It works with wine. It installs. When it starts up, though, it needs an ip address for the server run by the state. I give it to it. It rejects it no matter what I put in. My assumption is that network is not working through wine.

I run it from the command line, and the errors I get are:

err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll wineps.dll still not found - 16-bit dll or version conflict.
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for WINEPS
err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll wineps16.drv still not found - 16-bit dll or version conflict.
err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll wineps.dll still not found - 16-bit dll or version conflict.
err:dc:CreateDCA no driver found for WINEPS

Can anybody help?

jim