Re: How to configure printers (newbie question) - So far #1

Peter Stokes wrote:
Hi Duane

Well, I downloaded the latest binary I could find for Mandrake (06/18
build date), fired it up and tried printing. The result was

a) It found the CUPS printer fine

b) It formatted the page ok'ish with the following issues

    1) It only printed some of the foelds requested, maybe a font issue?
(will have to read up on fonts)

    2) It appears to be formatting the page as stretched similar to what
you would get if you printed to the A4 printer in letter format. As I am
in the UK, A4 is standard.

If anyone has any ideas or further reading suggestions, please let me
know as this version is almost there for me to use.

If no one responds about that in this newsgroup, you might try comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine. I have seen messages in the past from several people there that have delved into that kind of printer issues. I personally have no idea.