Re: Sound is not working

On 06/29/2016 04:27 PM, Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
>
> a stupid thing, but I guess I never used a windows application with
> sound. Anyhow, an application (K9DUR Voice Keyer) that just play
> wav-Files does not find a sound card in its configuration.
>
> With winetricks I set "sound=alsa". In the winecfg "Audio" tab are two
> values: "(System Default)" and "Out: default". But no matter what I
> choose: Instead of the Test Sound there is only a scatch in the loadspeaker.
>
> System: Ubuntu 14.04
> Wine-Version: 2.6.2
>
> Any hint what I can check next?
>
> Thanks

Well, you seem to have sound output because otherwise there would not be
scratching. I don’t know much about sound on Wine, but I do have
personal experience of similar issues with scratching on my Logitech USB
headset.

- Changing settings with alsamixer may help.
- Using a different loudspeaker / headphones may work.
- Using PulseAudio may work.

Maybe it helps; maybe not.

Regards,
Florian Pelz