Re: Datakam Player (Registrator Viewer)

On 05/19/2016 11:13 PM, Phil Reynolds wrote:
> A few months ago, I tried to get Datakam Player (Registrator Viewer) to
> work on my Linux system using wine, without success.
>
> I have since installed a newer wine, and it now starts and can open
> the files created by my dashcam, but it does not play them - the video
> area remains black, there is no sound and the speed and location
> displays do not change.
>
> Short of trying an even newer wine, which might be more difficult, is
> there anything I could do to possibly make this work? Currently using
> wine-1.8.

Hello,

I presume you have tried launching Datakam Player from a terminal to
look for e.g. warnings about a missing dependency such as mpg123.

If there is no missing dependency, it does seem easiest to try again
with a development version of Wine (i.e. 1.9). If using a development
Wine doesn't solve the problem, see:

https://wiki.winehq.org/Bugs

Regards,
Florian