Datakam Player (Registrator Viewer)

A few months ago, I tried to get Datakam Player (Registrator Viewer) to
work on my Linux system using wine, without success.

I have since installed a newer wine, and it now starts and can open
the files created by my dashcam, but it does not play them - the video
area remains black, there is no sound and the speed and location
displays do not change.

Short of trying an even newer wine, which might be more difficult, is
there anything I could do to possibly make this work? Currently using
wine-1.8.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-wine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx