Re: Mappery inquiry

You probably searched the Wine application database (https://appdb.winehq.org/) to find out that there hasn't been much progress recently with Garmin applications (I tried to install BaseCamp and MapSource into wine, neither with much success).

But did you have a look at QLandkarteGT? It is a native Linux application and it is not rocket science to use. You can load waypoints and tracks from a Garmin device to display them on a map, if it is that what you want to accomplish. There are a lot of free maps available, it is described in the wiki how to load them into QLandkarte.

Older Garmin serial devices seem to be supported, but I could not try that because I only have an USB device (Dakota 20).

HTH