Re: Many posts using acute accent for apostrophe

Is this a joke?

Regardless, I'll say I think it is annoying when people use those
characters in monospace text (which is the typical case for mailing list
e-mails) when a normal straight ' or " will suffice. (This is probably
annoying in general to me, as why have 2 special character sets when you
can just have one? It is like those who still type 2 spaces after a full
stop on a computer.)

One thing is that I think some (bad) e-mail clients assume intentions and
'fix' the characters for the user and then mis-encode the non-rich version
of the e-mail with those characters.