Re: Any 16 bit Database Programs work under wine?

On 10/06/2013 07:29 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM, John Sowden <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There does not seem to be a program that is similar to
FoxPro/dBASE/Approach, etc. where the user interface/language/database
commands are 'under one roof'.
Options I have used and I can vouch for:

1. Apache OpenOffice 4.01 and its Base program, if you like GUIs
www.openoffice.org

2. Dollybase, a DBase II+ clone
http://dollybase.sourceforge.net/
(last updated in 2008 - YMMV)

FC

I went to the dolllybase link. As I remembered it, it was a DOS program. It still is. I am looking for a gui application. I currently use LibreOffice for mainly calc applications in my office only. The employees use my foxpro/dos applications to perform office operations. The base portion of LO is good for creating forms and reports for databases, but it does not include a language to create applications like the foxpro/approach/dbfast/etc.

John