Re: Half-life 2 with steam freezes at intro screen (stable/dev)

The game works in windowed mode with everything maxed out but as soon as I try to make it full screen whether it's upon launching the program, during the main menu, or after having loaded a saved game and the result is the same; the game freezes.

Also, the cursor shows that it is somewhere (where you see it) but its effect where it clicks when you click the mouse is shifted a bit upward on the y-axis.

I also tried the latest Wine 1.5.6 and nothing changed.

If anyone knows how to solve my problems, I would greatly appreciate it!