Re: Wine Licensing with regards to use in Companies

Ultrin wrote:

> I recently suggested that I.T. allow the installation of Wine to enable us to actually do what is requested of us. I got the response that we would be unable to as "it would be a breach of licensing contract. Wine can only have one license per company."

IMO, whoever said that to you (if they weren't just trying to blow you off) is confusing licenses with installations. Unlike proprietary software, where 1 license = a limited number of installations (often just 1), there is no limit on the number of computers a licensee can install LGPL software on. Your company could install Wine on every computer it owns under one license.