How to completely uninstall wine

I am only uninstalling it so I can reinstall it. Wine would not load anything. I read something about a virtual drive being left behind for the Windows programs it is supposed to run. I never created a drive, but the writer did not say if Wine did so automatically. If it does I would like to know if I need to erase/delete it before doing the reinstall.

If I do need to create a virtual hard drive do I use Wine to do it somehow or is it something I can do using linux.