Re: Error running an app on a Mac

jjmckenzie wrote:

> jordan wrote:
> > Hey again,
> >

> For some strange reason, I've NEVER been able to get Wine to run on various macs using MacPorts or Fink builds (even WineBottler and Ryans scripts required this) without setting the DYLD_BACKUP_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the Wine libraries.
>
> I HIGHLY recommend using MacPorts and/or Fink to install Wine rather than 'rolling your own' for this reason.
>
> James

its DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH and it needs to point to the X11 lib folder...
for a normal XQuartz install it would be.
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/X11/lib
for macports its done automatically for you, but it does...
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib
if you on an older Mac that cannot use the newer XQuartz installs... you may have various issues, but the statement would be...
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11/lib
or on some 10.4 installs with original X11
export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib

Its best to use the newest version of XQuartz, which is basically what Macports builds for you as well.