Foobar 2000 and Wine: terrible sound problem.

Hi, I am new here.

Ever since I use Ubuntu Linux I've used Wine. This worked nice until version 1.3.x; 1.3.7, I believe.
Now I cannot play music anymore with Foobar2000 and the new version of Wine. The problem is that the sound is very distorted every now and then and it even stops sometimes.

Initially I've done some tests with Pulse Audio disabled because according to some users that should help. Well: it did not.
So I enabled Pulse Audio again and subsequently tried every viable option proposed here: http://wiki.winehq.org/Sound

Now it is even worse. After installing that directmusic and dsound stuff sound playback is now really, well..., crap. Before I could sort of play music at 32 bit, now it is only 16 bit and the sound quality is terrible any way.

Since there are no that many bugreports on sound lately I guess I've found a new problem.

I've send bug reports to the author of foobar2000 because I thought it was a specific foobar2000 problem, but he doesn't accept bugreports for problems detected if the program is run on Wine.

So please can you help me?