Unable to find cd-rom/DVD drive on this computer

I'm trying to install Morrowind on my computer. It installed fine from the DVD but when I try to play it it says Unable to find cd-rom/DVD drive on this computer. I have created a drive and mapped it to the DVD and set the type to CD-ROM without avail. Help?