Re: status of Jack?

  make sure that you have wineASIO properly installed, as
you may like to use it as well. for example, sometimes a VSTi may
crash (or be unstable) using FST, while with wineASIO it works
flawlessly (or vice-versa). there may be other times, when a VSTi
doesn't work with FST and does NOT have a standalone version (only a
.dll) ~ in this case, you might want to checkout SAVIhost or VSTHost,
as they provide a method of hosting a single-vst (SAVIhost) or
multiple (with VSThost). link;

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

VSThost is also available there.
I have tried SAVIhost and VSThost, and they look great, however, neither of them detects my WineASIO installation.
(In the Devices dialog, all I get are the "MME" ports.)

So this is not a Kontakt-specific problem either; I guess my WineASIO installation is dysfunctional. I will look at this for some more time, and then try some older versions of WineASIO.

     Kristof