Re: newbie question: why do I see root directory in wine, when n

Csillag Kristof wrote:

> ...  but then what is the point of exposing these files in the winefile
> tool?

I think it's more a matter of not hiding them. As to whether there are reasons they can't be hidden or it's simply a matter of no one thinking it's important enough to submit a patch for it, that I don't know.

Wine is not a sandbox; it can do anything the user can do. If your goal is simply to prevent Wine from messing with other users' files, set the file permissions appropriately.