RE: ./tools/wineinstall not able to recognize my Windows partition.

And AGAIN
In the README file they deliberately say NOT to compile wine in the
/configure make make install BUT to run
/tools/wineinstall.
 I installed wine several times and each time it recognized my NTFS
partition.

I did read some doc but not all of it. I thought wine would compile just like any other app, especially after reading this:
http://www.winehq.org/Docs/wine-user/x520.shtml

I should have read a bit further:
http://www.winehq.org/Docs/wine-user/compiling.shtml#COMPILING-WINE