Re: Wine unable to open display.

Rob Hughes wrote:

RH 9, I hate bash, so I use pdksh 5.2.14, all updates applied. I am using the --with-nptl switch in wineinstall.

So, to follow up to myself, winetools is just b0rked. I do *not* put the
cvs gathered source in ~/ due to quotas and the fact that $HOME is a
network mounted share. It goes in a global source directory on my build
machine, which is the only one with the needed build tools.

That should be fine. The source does not have to go in ~/. I don't have it there on my machine. But the directory and source should be owned by you, the user, not by root. It works fine that way.