Re: office2000 under redhat9.0

Hi Christoph,

wineboot does not print anything. The error you see (warning, really) is a direct result of the lack of floppy in your system, coupled with the floppy definition in your .wine/config.

It is entirely possible that what you are seeing is a succesful run of wineboot. If you have any doubts, run it with "wine --debugmsgs +wineboot wineboot". This will give you a trace of what wineboot is doing. You are likely to see mostly a few file renames.

It is crucially important to only run wineboot after all wine processes have finished succesfully! wineboot was designed to be run automatically, and thus does not have the proper protection against running while other wine processes are still alive. Unfortunetly, time ran out on me while working on that aspect, so it needs to be run manually for the time being.

If you see no trace at all, please let us know. If you see nothing right after running setup.exe (and getting the message that a reboot is necessary), this may indicate a bug in wineboot.

Shachar

Christoph Lehmann wrote:

thanks, Sylvain.
Running wineboot I get

[christoph@christophl cdrom]$ wineboot
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:

this "warning" (or is it an error) I get also when running wine
./SETUP.EXE, but there it doen't stop the process

since I don't have a floppy drive, in the config I commented out this
part with the drive A...

calling winboot gives now no error, but it also doesn't do anything. Is
wineboot a component of wine, or do I need to install it?

what shall I do?

thanks !!