Re: Compiling Wine on old Linux kernel ...

On Sunday 08 September 2002 18:46, David Woodyard wrote:
> I understand that a patch is going to be included so that someone with an
> old Linux kernel (ie. 2.2.14) can compile Wine. The file cdrom.c will not
> compile on my Linux. I am currently using VMware 2.0.4 to run my Windows
> programs but the version of VMware I am using will not run on a newer
> kernel.
>
> Can you tell me when the patch will be added to the download? Or if it is
> an easy fix can you tell me what the fix is?

For the easy fix you can comment out delete the parts which does not compile.
Probably you will not lose a feature you need (the offending parts are for
the support of the safedisk patch).

For a proper fix you have to ifndef out the parts using features which are not
present in 2.2. Or even provide an implementation which works with 2.2
kernel.

Regards
Zsolt