Convert Registry

Hi there,

I have some problems here converting my WinXP registry to wine. Neither of the export options in regedit.exe seem to provide the appropriate input file format for regapi. So "regapi setValue < registry.reg" wont do anything.
"more registry.reg" displays the file in a human readable format, however, when I redirect the output into a new file or pipe it to an editor, it is binary again.

So what I need is a command to convert .reg files (or any binary files) to text.

I'd be glad if someone could help me out,

Sincerely,

Friedrich Slivovsky