AGU24 call for abstracts - Session V029: Understanding volcanic and volcano-tectonic processes

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Federico Galetto <fg253@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,
The deadline for submitting abstracts to the AGU 2024 Fall Meeting in
Washington DC is approaching (deadline on 31 July 2024). If you have not
submitted your abstract yet and you are looking for a session about
volcanology where to submit your abstract, we would like to bring your
attention to the session â??V029 - Understanding volcanic and
volcano-tectonic processesâ??

Below the description of the session:

V029 - Understanding volcanic and volcano-tectonic processes
(*https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/224072
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/224072__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dGr90xVa3qHXk6jHz2Yrfn3bIgRxaYMNMuxYinGg3NsG_22_kam0pCar7nFGAZDbU07pQsbR9Git3hTmRzBhRHbaNg$>*
).

Conveners: Federico Galetto, Hélène Le Mével, Paul Lundgren, Mike Poland,
Tushar Mittal.

This session focuses on the observations and modelling of volcanic and
volcano-tectonic processes, like unrest episodes, mechanisms of magma
propagation, and tectonic controls on volcanism. We welcome contributions
using geodetic, geophysical, and geochemical datasets, also combined in a
multidisciplinary approach, at volcanoes, or modelling results aimed to
understand volcano-tectonic processes.
Studies may focus on the regional scale, investigating the relationships
between tectonic and magmatic processes, or on the local scale of a single
volcano, investigating inflation/deflation episodes, magmatic intrusions
emplacement, flank instabilities, or caldera collapse. We particularly
welcome studies using monitoring (field- or satellite-based) data and
models to evaluate volcanic hazard and identify eruption precursors to
better forecast and mitigate eruptions.

Main topics of the session:
volcanism (at global and regional scales) and tectonics;
formation of magma chambers and laccoliths;
magma propagation, emplacement, and arrest;
caldera collapse, resurgence, and unrest;
flank instabilities;
volcano deformation monitoring;
volcanic hazard mitigation;
physical modeling

We look forward to your submissions, and seeing you all in Washington DC!

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3