Open Postdoc and PhD positions at the Space Research Centre PAS in Poland

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: Sam Poppe <sam35poppe@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

we would like to announce one Postdoc position and one PhD position
opened at the Mars Exploration Laboratory of the Space Research Centre
of the Polish Academy of Sciences (SRC PAS) in Warsaw, Poland. These
positions frame in the new project "DAGGER", which provides generous
financing for four years by the National Science Centre of Poland for
new computing and drone equipment, attendance of international
meetings, field work in Iceland, research visits, and publication
costs. The project, led by myself and Daniel Mège at SRC PAS, is
supported by an enthusiastic team of international collaborators
including Claire Harnett, Mike Heap, Steffi Burchardt, Simon Stähler
and others.

--

The postdoctoral researcher will deal with implementing simulations of
low-viscosity magmatic sheet intrusions in a two-dimensional Discrete

We offer full-time employment for 1 year, with the possibility to
extend for another year. The attractive salary is PLN 9750 brutto per
month.

--

The doctoral student will deal with investigating magmatic sheet
emplacement processes on Mars versus Earth using a multimethod

Applicants with graduation in Earth and/or Planetary Science,
Geophysics or similar are highly welcome. We offer an attractive
four-year scholarship from the National Science Centre of Poland of
PLN 5000 per month and the possibility to apply for an additional
stipend from the Geoplanet doctoral school (see
https://geoplanetschool.camk.edu.pl/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://geoplanetschool.camk.edu.pl/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dLZt4GI4igZmC7HJ7JfUdW_AOtQhZw37VA-4ib3wNn9I19V-XFeQOEq1zckdoimgxBq_ORbejvTll7LTj4D-Efu73Q$>).

--

SRC PAS (Centrum BadaÅ? Kosmicznych Polskiej Akademii Nauk - CBK PAN)
is the leading space science institute in Poland, and conducts

Applications should be submitted to rekrutacja@xxxxxxxxxx before
August 15, 2024 and earliest starting date will be 1st of October
2024. For further information please write to sampoppe@xxxxxxxxxx.

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4