New book: Volcanology – Processes, Deposits, Geology and Resources

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Raymond Cas <ray.cas@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce that our new volcanology book is now
available through Springer at:

https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-66613-6
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-66613-6__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!b5VQTAYnQDyKB_XAuL84ZLRGf5gV3lbEXVLhrnSCHunyoNDgVmoHjioAtTZpbfH6RS1d5SRah5j8IvLdTwOYNOAgdg$>

where you can find more information.

Title: *Volcanology â?? Processes, Deposits, Geology and Resources*

Authors: Ray Cas, Guido Giordano and John V. Wright

Publication date: June, 2024

Length: 1,833pp, encompassing 18 Chapters

Figures: 941 figures, most multi-part, most in colour

Hardcopy book in 2 volumes; Price: â?¬149.99

Digital e-book in a single high-resolution pdf; Price: â?¬117.69

Contents:

Chapter 1: Introductory concepts (34pp)
Chapter 2: Properties of magmas (37pp)
Chapter 3: Influence of environment on eruption processes & deposits (40pp)
Chapter 4: Fragmentation processes in magmas and volcanic rocks (113pp)
Chapter 5: Basaltic and other low viscosity lavas (81pp)
Chapter 6: High viscosity silicic/felsic lavas (rhyolite, dacite, andesite)
(80pp)
Chapter 7: Komatiite lavas and subvolcanic intrusions (45pp)
Chapter 8: Subvolcanic intrusions (79pp)
Chapter 9: Explosive eruption styles and fallout deposits (173pp)
Chapter 10: Subaerial pyroclastic flows and surges (198pp)
Chapter 11: Subaqueous flows of pyroclastic debris and their deposits (92pp)
Chapter 12: Surface sedimentary processes in volcanic environments (85pp)
Chapter 13: Syn- to post emplacement alteration processes (40pp)
Chapter 14: Terminology for volcanic deposits and rocks (38pp)
Chapter 15: Documenting the geology of volcanoes & volcanic terrains (74pp)
Chapter 16: The geology of volcanoes and their facies models (186pp)
Chapter 17: Volcanism and tectonic setting (162pp)
Chapter 18: Volcanic hosted resources (206pp)

We hope that readers enjoy this book as much as we enjoyed writing it.

Ray, Guido and John

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3