AGU 2024 Session DI009: Insights into planetary formation and evolution from studies of small rocky bodies

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Susana Hoyos <shoyos@xxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our 2024 AGU
session DI009:
Insights into planetary formation and evolution from studies of small rocky
bodies.
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/227195__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d5LH30WYqQ8lJTuXYJJwDxpHly5xTkdXQwr8kuZQtMfZtKWvyar-VzIX0qWGGauyGSh3kl0WD1kpAcLFq254MLVwWQ$>
*Session description:*
Studies of small rocky bodies (e.g., the Moon, Mars, planetesimals,
meteorites, asteroids, etc.) provide insights into the initial stages of
planetary formation and evolution in the early Solar System. Early
accretion and differentiation processes set the geochemical and geophysical
characteristics of such bodies and their potential for habitability. We aim
to bring together diverse approaches from modeling, experiments,
extraterrestrial sample analysis, and mission data to launch a broader
discussion of the building blocks and evolutions of terrestrial planets. We
invite studies on or using high P-T experiments, geochemical and isotopic
analyses, paleomagnetic measurements, mission and observational data,
hydrodynamic and impact modeling, and other methods. Submissions from early
career researchers and members of underrepresented groups are strongly
encouraged.

*Submission Deadline:* Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 23:59 ET.
*Submission Link:* https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Home/0
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Home/0__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d5LH30WYqQ8lJTuXYJJwDxpHly5xTkdXQwr8kuZQtMfZtKWvyar-VzIX0qWGGauyGSh3kl0WD1kpAcLFq24QWuH7ig$>

*Conveners:*
Jesse Gu (Harvard University)
Susana Hoyos (University of California, Los Angeles)
Elias Manshbach (MIT)
Bidong Zhang (Rice University)

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1