AGU 2024 Session S012: Earth and Planetary Seismoacoustics

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Kathleen McKee <kfmckee@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to submit an abstract to our AGU session:

S012 - Earth and Planetary Seismoacoustics
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/225540__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cW5KwPKBBtx89jqbtz6MYsiyRkCz1o2nNEUOGOF8pCS_eyH-OjuJ2mPTm25EUfznngZcT1Agm3d9GBo6iA30q-Clxw$>

Session description:

This session discusses recent advances in the understanding of
seismoacoustic signals recorded on Earth and other planetary bodies.
Seismoacoustic signals are acoustic, seismic, or hydro-acoustic waves
emitted by a broad variety of natural (e.g., volcanoes, mass flows, violent
weather, earthquakes, bolides) and anthropogenic (e.g., explosions,
turbines and industrial activity, aircraft) sources. Such waves may travel
long distances and couple across the solid earth, the ocean, and the
atmosphere. We welcome submissions spanning numerical and theoretical
developments, signal processing methods, instrumentation, data fusion
techniques, and case studies leveraging these technologies to interpret
seismoacoustic data of scientific interest. Additionally, contributions
specifically focusing on infrasound, acoustic-gravity waves, acoustic waves
interacting with the ionosphere, and similar multi-phenomenological data
are welcomed. We also encourage submissions leveraging artificial
intelligence or machine learning for harvesting or interpreting large
datasets, either independently or in conjunction with modeling, as well as
applications to planetary missions.

The deadline for abstract submission is 31 July 2024 at 03:59 UTC
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.agu.org/annual-meeting/present*timeline__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cW5KwPKBBtx89jqbtz6MYsiyRkCz1o2nNEUOGOF8pCS_eyH-OjuJ2mPTm25EUfznngZcT1Agm3d9GBo6iA3SWw0ZJw$>
.

We are looking forward to another year of exciting contributions!

Warm regards,

Conveners:
Jordan Bishop
Kathleen McKee