Call for Abstracts - AGU2024 Session IN046: The Past, Present, and Future of Earth Observation Data and Visualization Services

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Acker, James G. (GSFC-619.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]" <
james.g.acker@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues:

You are invited to submit an abstract for the 2024 AGU Data Informatics
session IN046: â??The Past, Present, and Future of Earth Observation Data and
Visualization Servicesâ??.

The World Wide Web has revolutionized how we access and utilize Earth
science data. Over the past 25 years, web services emerged as a method of
enabling online visualization and analysis, and simplifying data
exploration for users with varying technical skillsets. These services have
become invaluable tools for research, applications, education, and informed
decision-making.

This session, IN046: "The Past, Present, and Future of Earth Observation
Data and Visualization Services," explores the evolution of these critical
tools. We welcome submissions addressing the following topics:

   - *Lessons Learned:* Insights gained from creating and maintaining web
   services for Earth science data. We encourage submissions that describe the
   history and heritage of online data visualization and analysis services.
   - *User Needs and Expectations:* Leading practices for understanding and
   meeting the requirements of diverse user groups as they relate to Earth
   observation data and visualizations. We encourage submissions highlighting
   how web services empower broader scientific exploration and discovery. This
   session emphasizes the importance of these tools for users who do not
   identify as data-savvy or data-centric.
   - *Emerging Challenges and Opportunities:* The impacts of new and
   revolutionary technological advancements in data, analytical methods, cloud
   computing, and machine learning.  Abstracts that address how new systems
   successfully leverage current and potential computational capabilities are
   encouraged.

*Submission Instructions:*

Please refer to AGU's conference website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.agu.org/annual-meeting/present*abstracts__;Iw!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!b8xSt5YBxi8QWV2JG-cVtESXIAdreXftJqMfiFbd2jN9lw-mhwFo_Gfc4y6QrDN0NZ5JISUMuue03G9cWXfz7iOd-A$>
for
detailed instructions on abstract submission.

*We look forward to receiving your abstracts!*

*Important Information:*

   - *Submission Deadline:* 31 July 2024
   - *Submission Link: *IN046 - The Past, Present, and Future of Earth
   Observation Data and Visualization Services
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/in/papers/index.cgi?sessionid=225469__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!b8xSt5YBxi8QWV2JG-cVtESXIAdreXftJqMfiFbd2jN9lw-mhwFo_Gfc4y6QrDN0NZ5JISUMuue03G9cWXe_0bcWUg$>

*Session Code:* IN046

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2