Continental Mafic Volcanism: Honoring the Career of Vic Camp. GSA Special Paper invite

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: "Steiner, Arron Richard" <arron@xxxxxxx>

Greetings,

Following the recent successful GSA conference session â??Continental Mafic
Volcanism: Honoring the Career of Vic Campâ?? at the Spokane Rocky
Mountainâ??Cordilleran GSA meeting in May, we have been asked to propose a
Special Paper on the topic to GSA Publications. In addition to those who
contributed to the session, we are encouraging anyone who would like to
participate in the potential Special Paper volume to do so. See description
below.

Cenozoic mafic volcanism in the inland northwestern US and elsewhere. We
encourage contributions on continental mafic magmatism, especially focused
on the Columbia River basalts and broader Yellowstone Hotspot province as
well as other Large Igneous Provinces and intraplate volcanism.

If you are interested, we will need confirmation from intending authors
along with a working title. The projected timeline for finalizing all
papers is approximately one year from now.

Thanks

Arron Steiner, John Wolff, and Emily Cahoon

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - http://pdx.edu/

GVP - https://volcano.si.edu/

IAVCEI - https://www.iavceivolcano.org/

To subscribe to the volcano list, send the message:

subscribe volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 26 Jun 2024 to 28 Jun 2024 (#2024-58)