Special Issue "Recent advances in experimental and numerical modelling of geophysical flows", ESurf journal

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: fabiodioguardi@xxxxxxxxx

Dear Community,

We call for submission of contributions to special volume â??Recent advances
in experimental and numerical modelling of geophysical flowsâ?? for the Earth
Surface Dynamics journal. In this special issue, we invite submissions that
highlight recent advances in either experimental or numerical modelling, or
their combined application, in the context of geophysical flows. This
includes, but is not limited to, mudflows, debris flows, debris avalanches,
landslides, pyroclastic density currents, volcanic plumes and their
interaction with the atmosphere. We strongly encourage submissions that
focus on pioneering experimental methodologies, comprehensive model
validation studies, and detailed investigations into the challenge of
upscaling from laboratory-scale experiments to field-scale geophysical
flows. These articles should offer insights into the innovative techniques
employed and discuss their potential implications for understanding the
behaviour of geophysical flows.
The special issue is linked to the workshop â??From the laboratory to the
natural scale in debris flows hazard modeling: the challenge of upscalingâ??,
Cities on Volcanoes 12 conference (11-17 February 2024, Antigua, Guatemala)
and the EGU2024 session NH2.1 â??Advances in Understanding Volcanic Hazard
and Environmental Impactâ??.

The submission period is May-December 2024.

We thank you in advance for your contribution.

Fabio Dioguardi, Lizeth Caballero, Morgan Hetherington, Ilaria Rucco,
Francesco Neglia, Damiano Sarocchi

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3