Call for abstracts: GSA Cordilleran-Rocky Mountain 2024 - “Distributed Volcanic Fields in Western North America”

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: "Wall, Kellie T" <kwall@xxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit an abstract to the session â??Distributed Volcanic
Fields in Western North Americaâ?? at the GSA Joint Cordilleran-Rocky
Mountain Section Meeting, May 15-17, 2024, in Spokane, WA.

Distributed volcanic fields (DVFs) abound in Cascadia and western North
America. DVFs may produce a variety of volcanic features, compositions, and
eruption styles, including monogenetic scoria cones and polygenetic
volcanoes. We invite contributions that apply field observations,
geochemistry, petrology, geochronology, physical volcanology, and/or
geophysics to investigate the processes and hazards of DVFs.

Abstracts can be submitted at the following link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/cd/2024mtg/techprog.aspx__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Z6fUA9OAT7kwgHEtMLAMV78vzCTPnnYq78HDMogD4hSSD9z3wMuoZg5P5xYNQTN2oEgA3nwJIUsnM_xp$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/cd/2024mtg/techprog.aspx__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Z38DdhTwMqY8NbkBZKgPznD2B94hX0SHVp0PjhKxAqNGRP4YSA0bfft8Y3IgxNlAMkuLl6P2df1egQ$>

The abstract submission deadline is Feb. 6, 2024.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to learning about your
science this spring!

Sincerely,

Kellie Wall (USGS Cascades Volcano Observatory)

Nancy Riggs (Emerita, Northern Arizona University)

Emily Johnson (USGS Cascades Volcano Observatory)

Mark Stelten (USGS Volcano Science Center)

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5