EGU24 GMPV8.2 - Hydrothermal alteration in volcanic settings

10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10

From: Claire Harnett <claire.e.harnett@xxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to submit to the following session at EGU's General Assembly
in Vienna from 14-19th April 2024:

*GMPV8.2 Hydrothermal alteration in volcanic settings*

Conveners: Claire Harnett (UCD), Alexandra Kushnir (EPFL), Marina
Rosas-Carbajal (IPGP), Marlène Villenueve (Leoben), and Thomas Walter (GFZ)

In this session, we welcome diverse contributions dedicated to the
characterisation, imaging, monitoring, and hazard/economic assessment of
volcanic hydrothermal systems and associated fluid-rock interactions.
Contributions can be based on fieldwork, laboratory work, modelling, or a
combination of these approaches, and we anticipate contributions across a
broad range of techniques and methods. We hope to encourage discussion of
the key scientific challenges that we face in the context of altering
volcanoes. Excitingly, we look forward to *an invited talk from Caroline
Martel* (ISTO).

Please find further information here
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU24/session/50186__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eNpa1pXohZ5ocMg0YYsndwfGGnjnI-qD7pFGY_jSOZ20oqDBxw3DCVb6kJiB4tyz8SyYjrhhEQBzXU3TTJp-jir7SPmO3g$>.
The abstract submission deadline is the 10th January 2024. We hope to see
you in Vienna!

Claire, Alexandra, Marina, Marlène, and Thomas

10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10