Exciting Research Fellow Opportunity in Experimental Fluid Dynamics at the Asian School of the Environment (ASE)

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Charlotte Barrington <charlotte.barrington@xxxxxxxxxx>

The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) is actively seeking a Research
Fellow with expertise in experimental fluid dynamics to join the Volcano
Group, to model the flow of magma during its journey from transport to
eruption. For a comprehensive job description and to apply, please visit
the full job ad:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/Research-Fellow--Geophysical-Fluid-Dynamics-_R00013076-1__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!c9DoHAExANllY5wo5qGJZQORpCNJ3EAtt6D77C1zlz-zRYTOZWXFkspg_wZgxzvF1XJuLEMv02Ykn1nC$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/Research-Fellow--Geophysical-Fluid-Dynamics-_R00013076-1__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ZlPkVBPmAFWhQYDoWUdcbAFBc8SJvBAeefNw299jlwiWGECZcoJ0MfLgT-BNScF5qK5Uc9sAoq1EPpytgxu0dZXqZ4MXyg$>

*Key Qualifications:* We encourage applications from candidates with
experience in experimental fluid dynamics, including physical modelling and
measurements. Ideal candidates will have experience in Particle Image
Velocimetry (PIV) and Particle Tracking Velocimetry (PTV), as well as an
understanding of experimental fluid mechanics.

*Key Responsibilities:*

   - Collaborate on experiments to model the flow of magma during transport
   and eruption in our advanced magma transport laboratory.
   - Utilize Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) and Particle Tracking
   Velocimetry (PTV) for measurements and data interpretation.
   - Establish connections between our analogue findings and real-world
   volcanic phenomena.
   - Collaborate with research partners to explore innovative possibilities.

ASE values diversity and inclusivity and is dedicated to fostering equality
of opportunity in all aspects of our work. For more information about our
research in magma transport dynamics, please visit:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://earthobservatory.sg/research/volcano/magma-transport-dynamics__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!c9DoHAExANllY5wo5qGJZQORpCNJ3EAtt6D77C1zlz-zRYTOZWXFkspg_wZgxzvF1XJuLEMv0z9Ij02m$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://earthobservatory.sg/research/volcano/magma-transport-dynamics__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ZlPkVBPmAFWhQYDoWUdcbAFBc8SJvBAeefNw299jlwiWGECZcoJ0MfLgT-BNScF5qK5Uc9sAoq1EPpytgxu0dZX7Jz8ssA$>

Opportunities also exist to provide mentorship to PhD students or research
assistants within the group, as well as to attend international conferences.

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3