University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa - Department of Earth Sciences Virtual Information Sessions

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: Reed Mershon <reed.mershon@xxxxxxxxx>

Aloha mai kÄ?kou,

On behalf of the Department of Earth Sciences at the University of Hawaiʻi
at MÄ?noa, we would like to invite you to a series of virtual information
sessions, as many of our faculty are seeking funded master's and PhD
students for the upcoming academic year (Fall 2024). All of the following
sessions will be held on Zoom in Hawaiʻi Standard Time (HST).

Session 1: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 2:00â??3:00pm HST: General overview and
application process

Session 2: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 2:00â??3:00pm HST: Discussion about
specific research themes and opportunities with faculty from our three
divisions (Geophysics and Tectonics (G&T), Marine and Environmental Geology
(MEG), Volcanology, Geochemistry, and Petrology (VGP)) and our affiliate
Hawaiʻi Institute of Geophysics and Planetology (HIGP)

Session 3: Thursday, October 26, 2023, 2:00â??3:00pm HST: Discussion with
current graduate students on living and working in Hawaiʻi

If you are interested in the application process, our faculty and their
research, and learning more about being a graduate student in Hawaiʻi, we
cordially invite you to attend. In continuing our efforts to champion
justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion through our HuliÄ?mahi
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/earthsciences/jedi/huliamahi.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bW9PX_Yyu3mBLc5ftldjQptBuUTubgnenZspw1oTSy_cBkXu1SuJ0udp4azrKaJAbwZGsCYtKVlQ-aLr-g0z$>
initiative,
we encourage students from all underrepresented populations to attend these
sessions and/or apply. Visit our departmental website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/earthsciences/index.html__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bW9PX_Yyu3mBLc5ftldjQptBuUTubgnenZspw1oTSy_cBkXu1SuJ0udp4azrKaJAbwZGsCYtKVlQ-QHbw7yV$>
for
more information.

Please email Chris Amado (vgp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to receive the Zoom link.
We hope to see you there!

Mahalo,
Mahinaokalani Robbins, PhD student, VGP Division

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5