Faculty Position at UC Berkeley

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Michael MANGA <mmanga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The department of Earth and Planetary Science at UC Berkeley
has opened a recruitment for an assistant professor. This is a broad
search and open to all. Details are provided at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04038__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!f8MZFAXHy_C6yvXnTXHjHkv38vB15Btu8P1HBNtwApnOW90-WrNeicWYK1k5Ads5rVcYMRptMyM6ptbp$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF04038__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dT-48KSjfP5SLebNyogTxgPmhofun0JCiEsg2croxsgnJ9erAYwPEGRZO4Qo7UFvhZMH7OnKg4o36bExOA$>
and applications must be received by midnight on October 2, 2023.

We seek candidates from all areas of earth and planetary science, with an
emphasis on, but not limited to: (1) climate dynamics and climate history
(including paleooceanography, paleoclimate, study of the cryosphere and
physical oceanography); (2) solid earth geophysics; and (3) mineral,
energy, and water resources. Candidates whose research falls into one of
these broad areas or their disciplinary interfaces are especially
encouraged to apply. All candidates, regardless of the field in earth and
planetary science, will be considered.

The Department is dedicated to advancing equity and accessibility for all
who are, or wish to be, members of our community. The Department is
committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual-career
couples and single parents. We are also interested in candidates who have
had non-traditional career paths or who have taken time off for family
reasons (e.g., caring for children, the disabled, or the elderly), or who
have achieved excellence in careers outside academia (e.g., in professional
or industry service). For information about potential relocation to
Berkeley, or career needs of accompanying partners and spouses, please
visit: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ofew.berkeley.edu/support-faculty/new-senate-faculty__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!f8MZFAXHy_C6yvXnTXHjHkv38vB15Btu8P1HBNtwApnOW90-WrNeicWYK1k5Ads5rVcYMRptMzNBsM9u$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ofew.berkeley.edu/support-faculty/new-senate-faculty__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!dT-48KSjfP5SLebNyogTxgPmhofun0JCiEsg2croxsgnJ9erAYwPEGRZO4Qo7UFvhZMH7OnKg4rPaLb0Zw$>

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2