IAVCEI Tephra Hazard Modeling Commission survey and subscription information

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Thomas Aubry <thom.aubry@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

We have just taken over the leadership of IAVCEIâ??s Tephra Hazard Modeling
Commission (THMC) and are reaching out to let you know that:

1) You can let us know what your interests in the commission are and make
suggestions for activities and initiatives by taking this survey
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOfgOdcb6TnM96NbAWLWh_RcWhAR63JZwRdKoUQssJEyX67Q/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bwvKT0Kon63gXZRW-e451oxt6FCNdbQGthV3GBPC5YdE7OEwUbnsmjXt8Cbae73SC29gbc73dXDTraJJuA$>
(which
takes about 3-5 minutes). We will leave it open until the end of May.

2) You can join our commission mailing list by subscribing at this link
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=IAVCEITHM&A=1__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bwvKT0Kon63gXZRW-e451oxt6FCNdbQGthV3GBPC5YdE7OEwUbnsmjXt8Cbae73SC29gbc73dXC5hpMXUQ$>!
(it takes about 10 seconds).

3) You can also follow us on Twitter: @IAVCEI_thm
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/IAVCEI_thm__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bwvKT0Kon63gXZRW-e451oxt6FCNdbQGthV3GBPC5YdE7OEwUbnsmjXt8Cbae73SC29gbc73dXAvB6aVvA$>

You can learn more about the THMC on our website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://thm.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bwvKT0Kon63gXZRW-e451oxt6FCNdbQGthV3GBPC5YdE7OEwUbnsmjXt8Cbae73SC29gbc73dXBfNZ7irw$>.
We essentially try to facilitate research and applications related to
tephra hazard by bringing together scientists with different skillsets
(e.g., modelers, model users, field volcanologists) to integrate and
improve current hazard approaches and tephra-dispersal models. Recent
commission activities include the creation of the IVESPA database
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://ivespa.co.uk/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bwvKT0Kon63gXZRW-e451oxt6FCNdbQGthV3GBPC5YdE7OEwUbnsmjXt8Cbae73SC29gbc73dXCEepO0-g$>
by
the Eruption Source Parameter working group and initiating a new benchmark
exercise involving a laboratory intercomparison of grain size analysis for
volcanic ash.

Last, but not least, we want to express our heartfelt thanks to Alexa Van
Eaton, Sara Barsotti and Marco Pistolesi for successfully leading the
commission during the past few years! Despite their tenure being disrupted
by covid, they have successfully grown the commission with the creation of
a new website, Twitter account, sponsoring of multiple conference sessions
and launching of numerous new activities including those mentioned above.
We will endeavour to continue to grow and support the Commission as they
have done.

We are looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how we can help you
thrive as researchers/operational managers/tephra enthusiasts!

Alastair Hodgetts, Paul Jarvis and Thomas Aubry

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1