Teaching-focused position in Economic Geology and Mineral Resource Management, UNLV

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

From: Simon Jowitt <simon.jowitt@xxxxxxxx>

Hi All

Just a reminder of the open position we have at UNLV with apologies for
cross-posting. The position is a non-tenure track teaching-focused position
in Mineral Resource Management and is available for a fixed term of up to
five years with potential for renewal, is supported by Nevada Gold Mines,
and will focus on the development of undergraduate and graduate level
teaching of key aspects of Mineral Resource Management to support the needs
of the minerals industry in the western US and beyond. We seek outstanding
applicants with academic and/or industry experience in the following areas
and beyond who will work with existing geology faculty at UNLV to develop
in-person and online courses focused on enabling the smooth transition of
graduate and undergraduate students into the minerals industry-related
workforce:

   - Resource Estimation
   - Techniques in Mining Geology
   - Ore Deposit Geology
   - Mineral Economics, Processing & Environment
   - Excavation & Geomechanics
   - Environmental, Social, and Governmental Challenges

The Nevada Gold Mines Mineral Resource Management position is ideally
suited for individuals already in academia or those who wish to make the
transition from industry or government positions. More details are
available here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UNLV-External/job/Research-Scientist--Mineral-Resource-Management--Department-of-Geoscience--R0136099-_R0136099__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cd_8hv1BV_o3PYgkC5eljEuxjnI60ZrVHy-AVyOnIJhc2aHmbAwDE6dr9AnRzpZ_7rztumU6ceuAkged$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UNLV-External/job/Research-Scientist--Mineral-Resource-Management--Department-of-Geoscience--R0136099-_R0136099__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YUIrr5t-ut-M6sgE6nkoGwJGXtoDvwBcPdXCqPIsFyLwAlnkxuPWdHJJmJfqrd-a9vbnsDDflORwik0g9kroBjc$>,
and please do not hesitate to pass this on to individuals who may be
interested or to contact me for further information. We are starting to
consider applicants so please encourage anyone interested in this position
to get in touch and/or apply ASAP.

3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3