Two postdoc positions in modelling volcano deformation / magma reservoir processes, University of Exeter, UK

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Hickey, James" <J.Hickey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

We are recruiting *two* postdoctoral research positions
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=327325dSVi&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YjzYLxCKCgX7HPVEl4CPi4MMxEkZTh0Ttlq3aNuCZ4uk_JuhXy3KXfRzzmBMEg9zrLgH861fVQHNxRxrLZw8$>
for
our new NERC PtF project: *DV3M*, *D*eforming *V*olcanoes with dynamic *M*
agma-*M*ush *M*odels.

These roles will focus on magma reservoir processes and volcano
deformation, combining insights from geochemistry, volatile studies, and
micro-scale mechanics & permeability, with macro-scale poroelastic solid
and fluid mechanics modelling.

The positions are based at the University of Exeter
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.exeter.ac.uk/cornwall/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YjzYLxCKCgX7HPVEl4CPi4MMxEkZTh0Ttlq3aNuCZ4uk_JuhXy3KXfRzzmBMEg9zrLgH861fVQHNxXP_VQvr$>,
on the Penryn Campus
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.exeter.ac.uk/cornwall/about/penryn-campus/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YjzYLxCKCgX7HPVEl4CPi4MMxEkZTh0Ttlq3aNuCZ4uk_JuhXy3KXfRzzmBMEg9zrLgH861fVQHNxc1yIxXE$>
in
Cornwall, just minutes from the beach, and part of the new Department of
Earth and Environmental Sciences
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.exeter.ac.uk/departments/ese/earth-enviro-science/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YjzYLxCKCgX7HPVEl4CPi4MMxEkZTh0Ttlq3aNuCZ4uk_JuhXy3KXfRzzmBMEg9zrLgH861fVQHNxcqcT_0X$>
.

You will work with project Co-I's Fabian Wadsworth
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.durham.ac.uk/staff/fabian-b-wadsworth/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YjzYLxCKCgX7HPVEl4CPi4MMxEkZTh0Ttlq3aNuCZ4uk_JuhXy3KXfRzzmBMEg9zrLgH861fVQHNxYJ8wBDI$>,
Durham University, and Brendan McCormick Kilbride
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://research.manchester.ac.uk/en/persons/brendan.mccormickkilbride__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YjzYLxCKCgX7HPVEl4CPi4MMxEkZTh0Ttlq3aNuCZ4uk_JuhXy3KXfRzzmBMEg9zrLgH861fVQHNxdL2ohPQ$>,
University of Manchester. Target volcanoes & fieldwork will be at
Sakurajima volcano, Japan, & Soufrière Hills volcano, Montserrat, working
with the Sakurajima Volcano research centre & the Montserrat Volcano
Observatory with Karen Pascal. You'll join the COMET community
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://comet.nerc.ac.uk/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YjzYLxCKCgX7HPVEl4CPi4MMxEkZTh0Ttlq3aNuCZ4uk_JuhXy3KXfRzzmBMEg9zrLgH861fVQHNxfhDGMJC$>
&
work with project partners Tim Wright and Susi Ebmeier.

Full details, including salaries, can be found here: shorturl.at/ijtA2
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://shorturl.at/ijtA2__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YjzYLxCKCgX7HPVEl4CPi4MMxEkZTh0Ttlq3aNuCZ4uk_JuhXy3KXfRzzmBMEg9zrLgH861fVQHNxc3Uy_XU$>
.

Iâ??m happy to answer any questions by email (j.hickey@xxxxxxxxxxxx).
Applications close 15/05/2023, with the positions available from 01/09/2023.

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2