Seeking applications to join the IAVCEI Early-Career Researcher Network working group

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: IAVCEI ECR-Net <ecrnetiavcei@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues, Do you want to help support our fantastic community and
improve career development and well-being?

The International Association of Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI) Early-Career Researcher Network (ECR-Net) is renewing its
working group, and seeking motivated and enthusiastic new ECR members.

The aim of the working group is to lead scientific, pedagogic, and
networking activities aimed at ECRs from the broad volcanology research
community represented by the IAVCEI, both virtually throughout the year,
and physically at major conferences.

Each new committee member should be proactive and highly motivated to
support our community. This includes attending a virtual meeting every 2
months (sometimes outside working hours to accommodate all group members in
different geographic zones), staying in communication in between meetings,
and dedicating time for planning events (especially prior to major
conferences).

The working group members (~10 in total) all mix in and help to organise
events, but can also have further specific roles depending on individual
strengths (e.g., social media, chairperson).

*** Requirements ***

Applicants should be ECRs (max. 7 years from their terminal degreeâ??e.g.
BSc, MSc, PhDâ??or hold a professional job and have less than seven years of
professional volcano-related research experience. This time does not
include parental or other relevant leave) and should send a short CV (max.
2 pages) and paragraph describing their motivation for joining the ECR-Net
working group, to ecrnetiavcei@xxxxxxxxx by 7th April 2023.

In the event that your application is unsuccessful in this round, we would
like to keep your CV on file for a maximum of two years in case new
openings arise between our bi-annual application process. Please state
below your motivation statement if you do not wish for your CV to be
retained.

***

The ECR-Net working group is trying to ensure equality, diversity, and
inclusivity, as well as regional geographical representation, in its
members. New members will be selected to reflect this inclusivity by
maintaining a balance of members representing regions around the world
involved in volcanological research and monitoring activities. We
particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups. In the
scenario of more applications than open positions, new members will be
selected via a vote cast by existing committee members.

***

Please follow us on social media (if you donâ??t already)! We advertise
events, opportunities for students, job postings, and much more throughout
the year!

Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ecrnet.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!d-btSWIUeq2muuUYvyX_wXznms_jjX_GDmb8PYp-GpWcjPSmWm9-Crtg5f8H5hXtFeRe21quiffKlhzY$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ecrnet.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a7yhunUx0-LlTQNv8rB7hoOQeJdTqwZrib_opRa814AIVY9xAtHXPaYS4WcYcLOzWIvggUXJKinLa8L2Mdbj$>

Facebook: IAVCEI ECR-Net (Early-Career Researcher Network)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/groups/428158950646397__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a7yhunUx0-LlTQNv8rB7hoOQeJdTqwZrib_opRa814AIVY9xAtHXPaYS4WcYcLOzWIvggUXJKinLa31cghdw$>

Twitter: @IAVCEI_ECRNet
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/iavcei_ecrnet__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a7yhunUx0-LlTQNv8rB7hoOQeJdTqwZrib_opRa814AIVY9xAtHXPaYS4WcYcLOzWIvggUXJKinLay4ms1_i$>

Kind regards,
Jamie Farquharson, on behalf of the IAVCEI ECR-Net team

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1