2023 Gübelin Gem Lab scholarship Dear all,

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Tollan Peter <peter.tollan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

The Gübelin Gem Lab in Lucerne, Switzerland, is once again accepting
applications to our annual research scholarship. The scholarship value is
$30,000 (USD) and anyone at masters, PhD or post-doc level may apply. As a
gemstone-testing laboratory, we encourage submissions of research projects
with a clear link to gemstones (or gem materials), however this requirement
is not strict and we are happy to receive applications focusing on broader
topics related to gem-forming materials, environments or processes. For
example, research on kimberlites, pegmatites and other gem-forming
magmatic/volcanic/hydrothermal activity would be perfectly suited to our
scholarship.

As part of the project, the successful candidate will be warmly encouraged
to visit our lab in Switzerland and use any of our facilities (including
Raman, FTIR and LA-ICP-MS). Proposals utilising our extensive mineral
collection, which consists of around 30,000 examples of most gem-forming
mineral species from around the world, are also welcome.

The proposed research project should start within 12 months of the award,
with a final report submitted 12-18 months after commencement. Proposals
must be in English, should not exceed 10,000 characters and can include up
to 10 illustrations, images, tables or photos. A timeline for the proposed
research, as well as a clearly-defined budget, are both important to
include. The deadline for submission is the 31st of July, 2023.

For further details or to submit a proposal, please visit our website:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gubelingemlab.com/en/gemlab/scholarship__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cdF4CzGgbSZQ1r6njm1AK4oWSKOVhx5-FkR6JlHTK3_eRuPvx26qLI-BCzupoplYIQh0GXytv2y3oo4S$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gubelingemlab.com/en/gemlab/scholarship__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!f0HjTIT69WL4GGok7MyApHGBl40jrY8BKXmlzrzm5t9JTq6nIM63C9PhV6JxNtm0AWqnZICwEYA6twmDVsFDQaR1KL4$>

For any other questions related to the scholarship and research
proposals/topics, please contact Dr. Peter Tollan (
peter.tollan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1