CONVERSE workshop in Portland Oregon, USA

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: Tobias Fischer <fischer@xxxxxxx>

Dear Colleague

On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the workshop and the principals of
the newly funded NSF CONVERSE Geohazards Center, we would like to draw your
attention to our kick-off and planning workshop that will be held in
Portland, Oregon USA from the evening of March 27 to noon March 30, 2023.

CONVERSE is community network for facilitating the science response to
volcanic eruptions. See our website for more info https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conversecenter.org__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bGS7C1WUeSAaHWTss0LNAO9aE70BzgGePIywQMDcUFUoUNySa0YIYbYMedMfjh5bpM1VZ3ExMkbjaWzB$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conversecenter.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!bJNwsvlIq-izheImC_aVrbJ3dHLLHBRzBciOECVRjsCwWVY2tlrvPy1VziDNnlSKeNEcYydbtdjdjhs$>

The Portland meeting is intended to inform the volcano science community
about the activities of the current Catalyst Center and obtain guidance and
input about the desired structure and activities for a larger Center with
long-term funding (which will involve writing a proposal by March 2024). We
also hope to use this meeting to get input from our international partners
on how to develop international activities within the CONVERSE Center.