EGU 2023: Session GMPV1.2/CL1.1.6/GM2.10/SSP2.9/TS9.2 call for abstracts

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Szymanowski  Dawid <dawid.szymanowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following EGU 2023 session (Vienna,
23-28 April 2023):

"GMPV1.2/CL1.1.6/GM2.10/SSP2.9/TS9.2 - Quantifying rates of geological
processes: techniques and applications of geochronology"

Conveners: Dawid Szymanowski, Catherine Mottram, Lorenzo Tavazzani, Perach
Nuriel

Session details:

Time is a fundamental variable for the understanding of history and
dynamics of Earth and planetary processes. Consequently, precise and
accurate determination of crystallisation, deposition, or exposure ages of
geological materials has had, and will continue to have, a key role in the
geosciences. In recent years, substantial improvement in spatial and
temporal resolution of well-established dating techniques and development
of new methods have revealed previously unknown complexity of natural
systems and in many cases revolutionised our understanding of rates of
fundamental geologic processes.

With this session, we aim to provide a platform to discuss 1) advances in a
broad spectrum of geochronological methods (sample preparation, analytical
techniques, interpretational and modelling approaches) and 2) applications
of such methods to a variety of problems across the Earth sciences, across
the geological time and across scales of the process studied. We
particularly encourage presentations of novel and unconventional
applications or attempts to develop new geochronometers.

We hope you will consider submitting your abstract to our session:
Abstract submission
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU23/abstractsubmission/45149__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!Z0jdh03rusgyOT7WQrDagImUkg_cFF0REDNEMFnFdxtbp33Bg0Y-kMQRx7y6tv5_iewNmbJJC5wdvJFV5eXa1Ecly1s_peUV$>

The deadline is Tuesday, 10 January 2023, 13:00 CET

Best regards,
Dawid, Catherine, Lorenzo, and Perach

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1