Post-IAVCEI 2023 workshop on Feb 4: Coping with volcanic ash, gas, and acid rain

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

From: "Deligne, Natalia I" <ndeligne@xxxxxxxx>

Hello,

We invite you to join our IAVCEI post-conference workshop on Saturday
February 4:

*Coping with volcanic ash, gas, and acid rain: new knowledge and key
resources, information needs, and future research priorities*.

Volcanic ash, gas and acid rain often occur together and collectively have
the largest footprint of all volcanic phenomena: they are most likely to
affect the greatest number of people. It may be difficult to attribute
specific impacts to just one of these three phenomena; recent experience
highlights the need to consider these collectively. Effective mitigation of
ash, gas and acid rain impacts is a cornerstone of volcanic disaster risk
reduction.

This workshop, sponsored by the IAVCEI Cities and Volcanoes Commission, the
International Volcanic Health Hazards Network and the Volcanic Ashfall
Impacts Working Group, invites volcano scientists, city and emergency
managers, environmental monitoring agencies and health professionals to
work together to:

â?¢ Share current knowledge and new research concerning impacts and
mitigation resources for ash, gas and acid rain
â?¢ Work through case studies of recent eruptions where civil authorities
grappled with the combined impact of ash, gas, and acid rain, exploring key
lessons and implications for best practice
â?¢ Identify information needs of civil agencies to determine research
priorities, emphasising research co-production with volcano scientists and
civil agencies and linkages to global programs.

We are providing a virtual option for those who are unable to join in
person.

The workshop cost is $50. We encourage you to register by November 20 if
possible (the conference early registration deadline).

Natalia Deligne, Carol Stewart, Kristi Wallace, Graham Leonard, David
Damby, and Claire Horwell

4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pdx.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!avd8pJH6FURwRnsPtq_ViwxY-XaF3VJcUJG6eeA1T82Y6ev6OTwJS1swehKHjqIG0Nc_RfiLy_TmZNrk$

GVP - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.volcano.si.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!avd8pJH6FURwRnsPtq_ViwxY-XaF3VJcUJG6eeA1T82Y6ev6OTwJS1swehKHjqIG0Nc_RfiLyxkbUWPv$

IAVCEI - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!avd8pJH6FURwRnsPtq_ViwxY-XaF3VJcUJG6eeA1T82Y6ev6OTwJS1swehKHjqIG0Nc_RfiLyyB3vZ21$

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 4 Nov 2022 to 7 Nov 2022 (#2022-116)