ECR Volcanology Reading-Rendezvous

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

From: "Aubry, Thomas" <T.Aubry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Calling all volcanophile Early Career Researchers (ECRs)!

Do you enjoy discussing anything volcanic, whether magma generation in
the deep Earth, sulfate aerosol coagulation in the stratosphere, volcanic
risk communication and management, and volcanoes in far far away galaxies?
Do you want to broaden your horizons in volcanology and network
with an international community of fellow ECRs? Do you want to discuss your
favorite topic in a pressure-free and friendly environment?
We've got you covered with the ECR Volcanology Reading-Rendezvous: a
journal discussion group created by, and run for, Early Career Researchers
in Volcanology.

We aim to provide an accessible and inclusive platform for ECRs to come
discuss new ideas, develop reviewing skills, and learn about new topics. We
organize and run once-monthly discussions which focus on exploration of a
new and/or keynote paper in any subject related to volcanology, with the
discipline(s) involved changing every month. Meetings are usually held on
the second Thursday of the month on Zoom, and last for 60 min. Two meetings
are run: one adhering to Europe/Americas/Africa time zones, and one
adhering to NZ/Australia/Asia timezones. Future meetings will also include
practice sessions for mainstream conferences and career-development
discussions.

To receive meeting details as they are released, you can sign up to our
mailing list:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJnO0mb2QhUXttzCWGa5dpqasluoOgF8YTLWLtVWs0XdyWfw/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a8rLx7EfkGCLawye_YqGKAHaSQffFDp4TzGMUB_Q1B1wzuMDSSGrqgLvQna33fw1xcwAfPrAhquiEaMh$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJnO0mb2QhUXttzCWGa5dpqasluoOgF8YTLWLtVWs0XdyWfw/viewform__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cGFpE0T9ojV9yJ_q3-JvsoeyY8Vzkz12JOaHpHvzx9fY0rFC23dQuJ1rtpOrT8H7Sju0p0eO2ozzKhyakQI$>
Our next meeting is on Thursday 20th of October, and we'll be discussing
Halldórsson et al. (2022) (Rapid shifting of a deep magmatic source at
Fagradalsfjall volcano, Iceland;
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-04981-x__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a8rLx7EfkGCLawye_YqGKAHaSQffFDp4TzGMUB_Q1B1wzuMDSSGrqgLvQna33fw1xcwAfPrAhq5Z784n$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-04981-x__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cGFpE0T9ojV9yJ_q3-JvsoeyY8Vzkz12JOaHpHvzx9fY0rFC23dQuJ1rtpOrT8H7Sju0p0eO2ozzRNSDl7M$>
)

You can also read more about how our meetings work on our website (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/view/ecrvolcan-rr/home__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!a8rLx7EfkGCLawye_YqGKAHaSQffFDp4TzGMUB_Q1B1wzuMDSSGrqgLvQna33fw1xcwAfPrAhqZ7wzB5$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/view/ecrvolcan-rr/home__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cGFpE0T9ojV9yJ_q3-JvsoeyY8Vzkz12JOaHpHvzx9fY0rFC23dQuJ1rtpOrT8H7Sju0p0eO2ozzcylODA8$>)
or on Twitter (@ECRVolcan_RR
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/ecrvolcan_rr__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!cGFpE0T9ojV9yJ_q3-JvsoeyY8Vzkz12JOaHpHvzx9fY0rFC23dQuJ1rtpOrT8H7Sju0p0eO2ozz0E1xI7s$>).
Please
feel free to distribute this email to those who may be interested. Also, if
you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us either via Twitter, or
by email (volcano.ecr@xxxxxxxxx).

The  ECR Volcanology Reading-Rendezvous organizing committee

2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2