Volcanofest social events for IAVCEI 2023 New Zealand meeting

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Ben Kennedy <ben.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Kia ora Volcanophiles,

Here in Aotearoa New Zealand we are busy making an awesome social events
calendar to make IAVCEI 2023 Rotorua as epic as possible. This email is to
get you all excited about the Volcanofest program we are bringing together.

   The idea is that Volcanofest will run all week, right next to the venue,
and will be a place where we can all enjoy volcano related fun. It will
take place in a large sports dome aka the â??Magma Domeâ?? which will be
sectioned off into 3 areas: (1) outreach activities, local school kids and
teachers will be  invited; (2) art, film, drinks, music, table tennis, pool
 table, table football; and (3) sports- indoor football/basketball.

So I want to kick up some involvement.

*Please email me Ben.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Ben.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> if you are keen on contributing to**:*

Outreach activities  Local schools children and teachers will be invited so
bring your favourite school/public demonstrations and materials

Get your local school involved in volcano art and volcano story competitions
 - bring entries for display - it would be wonderful to decorate the hall
with kidsâ?? volcano artwork

Art and music- If you are keen on performing a song, or have some volcano
art you would like to display

Karaoke- this will probably be a sign on the night but if you want
particular songs I can make sure we have them !

If you can bring together a four aside football or basketball team, we can try
to put a roster together. Otherwise we will just have a few scheduled
pick-up games.

Also I will be out foraging on our volcanic landscape for ingredients for a
special one off volcano gin working with local gin maker, so ideas for the
best name for the gin, may win a prize.

There will be a final night party in the Volcanofest venue we are currently
discussing with potential bands but we need as many registrants as possible
to be able to afford the best bands, so if you have any friends on the
fence about submitting an abstract - give them a poke. Itâ??s gonna be a
PAAAARTY!

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/social-events__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!alv4z0PFawKbrMgcusFc8o7FAyxp8Yf2gZTMiGLKD57WWXfZ03pkukqRbRbth5u7e9Zogua4Pd2jsrva$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/social-events__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eRdhEWI1fr7CFFVKTCgBeMLOhAyEU42ATtH5IUI6_9FtGxmZHD4sMJp6_oLxsA8cmFPh7kuj93EWkUDRFFzUaTfGdd8f$>

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.rcet.science/post/outreach-fair-at-iavcei-s-2023-scientific-assembly__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!alv4z0PFawKbrMgcusFc8o7FAyxp8Yf2gZTMiGLKD57WWXfZ03pkukqRbRbth5u7e9Zogua4PcEoh3Pr$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.rcet.science/post/outreach-fair-at-iavcei-s-2023-scientific-assembly__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!eRdhEWI1fr7CFFVKTCgBeMLOhAyEU42ATtH5IUI6_9FtGxmZHD4sMJp6_oLxsA8cmFPh7kuj93EWkUDRFFzUaTNaaFnY$>

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1