IAVCEI session on Chemistry, Mechanics, Geophysics, and Timescales of Magmatic Processes

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

From: Mattia Pistone <Mattia.Pistone@xxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues, friends, and students,

We would like to invite you to contribute to our session on Chemistry,
Mechanics, Geophysics, and Timescales of Magmatic Processes
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm22/prelim.cgi/Session/156448__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ZRzavjgi-2xUNIi96cefXHhAQR2q2AHoDL0g5F5lfX65-ZA3ahaNVo4R61OsmJ2dMCeCsW6qKCHiEZCcn6qYMUyK$>at
IAVCEI 2023
in Rotorua (New Zealand):

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/scientific-symposia__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!YJb9KcujkxpUBLWUTW2iXBrRmxN8Fg5qDF9iQRCKAEt5A0a86_Hb6VJKIRMRbA-AdzelMY6_ZLgm09A3$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://confer.eventsair.com/iavcei2023/scientific-symposia__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!ZRzavjgi-2xUNIi96cefXHhAQR2q2AHoDL0g5F5lfX65-ZA3ahaNVo4R61OsmJ2dMCeCsW6qKCHiEZCcn7ZxEJVB$>

Our session is sponsored by the International Association of Volcanology
and Chemistry of the Earth's Interior (IAVCEI).

*Please, submit your abstract by 2 September, 2022. *

We look forward to receiving your contributions and seeing/meeting you
at IAVCEI!

Volcanic greetings,

Meredith, Benoît, Brad, and Mattia

*Chemistry, Mechanics, Geophysics, and Timescales of Magmatic Processes*

*Revealing the volumes, mechanics, chemistry, and temporal evolution of
magma bodies in the Earthâ??s lithosphere, and how they contribute to its
architecture and dynamics requires integration of multiple types of
observations, and cross-disciplinary collaboration among geologists,
geochemists, petrologists, geochronologists, volcanologists, and
geophysicists. We aim to bring together researchers from across these
disciplines to probe questions such as how do we:*

   -
*detect magma bodies and determine their volume and geometry *
   -
*quantify time-integrated chemical, mechanical, and thermal processes *
   -
*determine the frequency of magma injections, dykes, and melt extraction
   events *
   -
*interrogate minerals, glasses/melts, and volatile emissions, to constrain
   the timescales and location of magmatic processes *
   -
*decipher signs of volcanic unrest with respect to magmatic processes. *

*We encourage researchers that study magmatic processes using field
studies, geophysical observations, laboratory analysis, modelling, and/or
experimental simulations on any scale to submit contributions to this
session.*

*Mattia Pistone*, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, United States

*Meredith Townsend*, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, United States

*Brad S Singer*, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, United States

*Benoît Taisne*, Nanyang Technological University, Asian School of the
Environment, Singapore, Singapore

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1