IAVCEI 2023 session on volcanic processes across the Solar System

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

From: "Moitra, Pranabendu - (pmoitra)" <pmoitra@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting your work to our session â??Volcanotectonic
Processes and Landforms Across the Solar Systemâ?? at IAVCEI 2023 under the
theme: Magmatism and tectonism.

*Description*:
Volcanic activity is a hallmark of almost every large solid-surface body in
the Solar System. Giant volcanoes dominate the surfaces of Venus, Mars,
enormous calderas are abundant on Io, and large igneous provinces are major
physiographic features of Mercury and the Moon. Each of these bodies boasts
widespread evidence of effusive-explosive styles of volcanic eruptions, and
the interplay of volcanic and tectonic processes. In the outer Solar
System, numerous icy satellites and several dwarf planets display evidence
indicative of cryovolcanic activity. These types of landforms and processes
can be examined like never before thanks to a variety of new data returned
by spacecraft from Mercury to Pluto. In this session, we solicit
contributions exploring the myriad styles of volcanic eruptions, the
architecture of plumbing systems, volcanic landforms and processes on Solar
System bodies (planets, moons, or asteroids) using field observations,
remotely sensed data, laboratory or numerical simulations, or some
combination thereof. We especially welcome submissions of comparative
analyses between volcanism on Earth and on other worlds, or between other
planetary bodies.

The abstract submission deadline is 2 September 2022. We look forward to
your contributions to our session.

With best regards,

Patrick McGovern, Paul Byrne, Pranabendu Moitra

5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5

Volcano Listserv is a collaborative venture among Arizona State University
(ASU), Portland State University (PSU), the Global Volcanism Program (GVP)
of the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History, and
the International Association for Volcanology and Chemistry of the Earth's
Interior (IAVCEI).

ASU - http://www.asu.edu/

PSU - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pdx.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!aIuSTHuME1S4ovGpLkuH9Itz5lLPPLe-W5sXSoltO23DvWydFUrYw4BR5pEqvCGiNTtwa8RNEPP5fz8x$

GVP - https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.volcano.si.edu/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!aIuSTHuME1S4ovGpLkuH9Itz5lLPPLe-W5sXSoltO23DvWydFUrYw4BR5pEqvCGiNTtwa8RNEDxQHdFu$

IAVCEI - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iavceivolcano.org/__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!aIuSTHuME1S4ovGpLkuH9Itz5lLPPLe-W5sXSoltO23DvWydFUrYw4BR5pEqvCGiNTtwa8RNEHxAeW5X$

signoff volcano

to: listserv@xxxxxxx, or write to: volcano-request@xxxxxxx.

volcano@xxxxxxx.  Please do not send attachments.

End of Volcano Digest - 17 Aug 2022 to 19 Aug 2022 (#2022-84)